Senior Manager - Marketing
This position is responsible for profitably growing Rosina’s brands by leading the development and flawless execution of the strategic marketing plan for the Foodservice division. The role ensures that the marketing team provides pro-active support for the division by continually assessing market conditions and suggesting new strategies to ensure on-going, consistent growth. The role also includes setting up key performance indicators and internal communications systems that will allow the team and organization to clearly understand the results of the business plan across all programs and promotions and is responsible to achieve outstanding results by leading and working collaboratively with direct reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key leader in the development and execution of the Foodservice division plan in collaboration with the sales team.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating information regarding market trends and developments. Uses this market intelligence for developing recommendations regarding appropriate strategies and responses to competitive threats. Continually communicates current and anticipated market trends to the Vice President and other leaders, customers, brokers, and consumers for purposes of company and brand awareness. Continually utilizes industry, consumer and market data to allow the Company to maximize market opportunities.
- Responsible for keeping members of the company updated on current market trends pertaining to the Foodservice division. Continually makes recommendations on how to more effectively reach customers, operators and brokers with a continual focus on increasing market penetration and sales (branded, distributor and private labels).
- In concert with Rosina’s sales associates, will closely monitor competitive activity regarding markets, products, pricing, etc. Recommends appropriate responses to competitive activities.
- Works with the Technical Services group (R&D, Culinary) to incorporate consumer/operator preferences and demographic changes regarding new product development concepts.
- Manages a variety of activities regarding the company’s Foodservice digital presence. Ensures that these digital channels remain up to date and accurately reflect the Rosina brand position. Specifically, the focus needs to be keeping the channels and their features fresh, relevant and seen as a useful tool for providing decision making information to the trade.
- Develops and improves Rosina’s competency in Foodservice product and new platform launches.
- Works directly with and leads the Foodservice marketing manager and assistant manager on customer specific promotional programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the GS1 data sync initiative is meeting customer requirements. Ensures that the product information is current and properly synchronized. Tracks requests and confirms the completion of any required updates.
- Leads the Foodservice marketing team to actively support the Sales, Brokers and distributors with sales presentations that are effective and support the strategy and objectives of the company, customer and marketplace. This will include the development, design and evaluation of the capabilities presentations for sales personnel that is tailored to the channel, segment and ultimately the customer.
- Keeps abreast of matters affecting the Frozen Food industry through close contact with trade associations, and other industry professional and trade groups as appropriate.
- Develops appropriate Foodservice division public relations efforts. Maintains the database of and communicates with trade journals, trade organizations, television networks, and local community organizations regarding any information that the Company wishes to communicate to the Trade and/or general public.
- Actively manages the Marketing support staff to ensure that all Marketing support and services are delivered effectively. Appraises and evaluates the performance of the immediate staff and recommends changes in status in accordance with established polices. Develops, reviews, endorses and once approved, implements proposed organizational and manpower plans for assigned areas of responsibilities. In addition, responsible for overall activities through training, assignment changes and performance measurement of assigned staff.
- Manages and maintains a balanced organization possessing the necessary flexibility, technical skills and experience to support short and long-range requirements effectively.
- Organizes and participates in sales and other staff meetings as appropriate to plan future activities, communicate and provide status of current programs to Sales Associates and support departments.
- Travels with Sales Associates to markets and broker locations, as directed and/or approved by Company leadership.
- Ensures that department Associates are fully informed of all pertinent company policies and that all policies are administered and enforced.
- Confers with the Human Resources with respect to orientation, training and development of Associates within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This role requires the ability to present and successfully sell concepts, ideas and strategies to any number of groups both internally and externally. Individual needs strong managerial, organizational, communication and decision-making skills that are appropriate for the position. Individual must have strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) in Marketing, Business or other related major. Must possess a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in a similar role in a food manufacturing environment. Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to communicate extremely effectively in both verbal and written forums to convey a wide range of ideas and concepts. Needs to respond effectively to inquiries or requests for information. Need to be able to put together effective presentations on a variety of topics.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Associate is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard and telephone.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to travel up to 20% of the time. Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers). Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.