Inventory Control Coordinator
Summary The inventory control coordinator position manages inventory through database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reconcile all inventory transactions on a daily basis.
- Perform cycle counts and research inventory variances.
- Posting of requisitions, distribution orders and purchase orders.
- Help prepare and participate in yearly physical inventory.
- Receives and properly stores all shipments arriving at the facility.
- Backup support to a Warehouse Supervisor when they are scheduled off. Help guide warehouse staff.
- Must be knowledgeable of and perform all duties in compliance with existing USDA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and safety regulations, including using all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area, including warehouse.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Works as a team player, helping to meet departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1 year warehouse and inventory experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company and warehouse instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form to other departments.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Average or above computer skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Forklift license and certification required; which is done in house.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly required to stand. The Associate is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally push/pull and/or move up to 25 pounds, also be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The Associate is frequently exposed to extreme heat . The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.