Maintenance Mechanic: 1st and 2nd shift - Full-time w/benefits
This is an exciting time to join Rosina Foods. The Company has broken ground on a new, 105,000 square foot, $58 million production facility which opens in 2021. Rosina continues to grow!
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of our processing and packaging equipment; with a high priority on preventative maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make preventive maintenance checks and inspections on all production equipment, reporting findings to the maintenance supervisor and taking appropriate action.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Set up and operate machine tools. Perform basic welding operations.
- Insure breakdowns and repairs are logged for the purpose of generating a preventive maintenance program.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Knowledgeable of and perform all duties in compliance with existing USDA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and safety regulations, including using all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be available to work any five of seven days including weekends.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years maintenance background in electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form to other departments.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Basic computer skills. Must be able to read and understand schematics and refrigeration systems. Must be able to use small hand tools, as well as large power tools.
For this position, Rosina offers:
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential and potential for overtime
- Paid time off
- Quarterly Bonus Plan
- Attendance Bonus Plan
- Safety Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive health benefits program
- 401(k) plan with Employer contribution