Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift
This is an exciting time to join Rosina Foods. The Company has broken ground on a new, 105,000 square foot, $58 million production facility which opens in early 2021. Rosina continues to grow!
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of our processing and packaging equipment, with a high priority on preventative maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspections on all production equipment and reports findings to the maintenance supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools. Performs basic welding operations.
- Insures breakdowns and repairs are logged for the purpose of generating a preventive maintenance program.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Must be knowledgeable of and perform all duties in compliance with existing USDA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and safety regulations, including using all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Responsible for food safety.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by conducting yourself with professionalism and communicating in a manner that gets along with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Works as a team player, helping to meet departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Must be available to work any five of seven days including weekends.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years maintenance background in electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form to other departments.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Basic computer skills. Must be able to read and understand schematics and refrigeration systems. Must be able to use small hand tools, as well as large power tools.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand. The Associate is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms, bend, work in confined areas and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to taste or smell. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The Associate is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
For this position, Rosina offers:
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential and potential for overtime
- Paid time off
- Quarterly Bonus Plan
- Attendance Bonus Plan
- Safety Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive health benefits program
- 401(k) plan with Employer contribution