Security Guard - 2nd shift - Full Time w/Benefits
The Security Guard will actively participate and perform functions on behalf of the company to insure that Associates, property and operations of the company are protected. He/she will additionally be involved in multiple duties relating to supervising access to and from the company facilities. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Saturday 3p-11p
- Sunday 7a-3p
- Monday OFF
- Tuesday 3p-11p
- Wednesday OFF
- Thursday 3p-11p
- Friday 3p-11p
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Control access to company facilities and operations within the guidelines established for each facility or operation. This will include creating and logging visitors, vendors, contractors and responsible for escorting terminated Associates as required.
- Responsible for logging vehicle traffic both entering and exiting company operations. May be responsible for recording other various information regarding company vehicles, i.e. parking permits, drivers, company vehicle mileage.
- Will be responsible for handling phone calls (after normal business hours) to the facility. May be responsible for logging calls and properly handling inquiries directing them to the proper individuals or department.
- Must be familiar with the operations and layout of the facility assigned to. This includes but is not limited to, entrances and exits, location of fire and emergency equipment, chemical storage areas and mechanical systems.
- Make patrol rounds at appropriate intervals ensuring that the facility is secure and in proper condition from both a security and safety standpoint.
- May be required to check trucks and/or trailers which may be on site. Such checks would involve checking to ensure that equipment is in operating order and that if product is contained in a refrigerated unit that the proper temperature is maintained.
- Familiar with company emergency procedures, in an emergency able to respond in a timely manner and contact appropriate personnel. As required, initiates calls to emergency fire, medical, and law enforcement agencies. Notify appropriate agency and direct pedestrian and vehicle traffic, ensure aisles, roadways and fire lanes are clear.
- Maintain records of Associates in each department and shift for evacuation purposes.
- Man and observe video surveillance cameras, located throughout the facility and outside perimeter. Assist operations in observing activity within the facility making appropriate notations and reports.
- Ensure truck/trailer deliveries are at the appropriate site and that the seals from that particular truck/trailer match up properly to the incoming drivers paperwork. This will include logging all the correct information into the MMS system log we use, i.e. drivers name, onsite and offsite times, seal numbers.
- May be responsible for opening and/or closing down the plant as needed. This will include becoming familiar with the company’s alarm systems and key/keypad procedures.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid New York State Guard License
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Reliable means of transportation
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate with other security and facility personnel over basic phone and radio systems
- Six-twelve months Security experience
Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence. Basic computer skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential and potential for overtime
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health benefits program
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer contribution
- 20% discount at the Rosina Outlet store
Rosina Food Products, Inc., is a family owned, industry-leading producer of frozen meatballs, pasta, and entrees. Learn more at www.rosina.com.