Parts Inventory Clerk - Full-Time/Third Shift
The Parts Inventory Clerk is responsible for maintaining parts inventory to ensure the correct parts are available for the Maintenance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, identify and store parts and materials entered into inventory
- Issue materials, supplies, parts and equipment to Maintenance Associates.
- Enter inventory data into computer as needed; maintains automated inventory control and parts distribution system.
- Verify delivery receipts against purchase orders.
- Conduct cycle counts as required.
- Must be knowledgeable of and perform all duties in compliance with existing USDA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and safety regulations, including using all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Works as a team player, helping to meet departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Basic computer skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid NYS driver’s license; in order to commute between facilities.
- Forklift license and certification required (can be completed in-house).
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly required to stand. The Associate is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally push/pull and/or move up to 25 pounds, also be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The Associate is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This is full-time position includes:
- a competitive wage with shift differential, potential for overtime and annual review;
- a comprehensive benefits package;
- paid time off;
- 401(k) retirement plan
- annual bonus plan