Machine Operator - Full-Time/1st or 2nd Shift (Experience Required!)
EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
The Machine Operator will operate specific processing, packaging, portioning, conveying and cooking equipment within specified parameters. Operators will be expected and required to run assigned equipment to obtain maximum productivity and quality while performing the following duties. Typically assignments will be in a specific department and reporting will include an assigned production supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and handle all responsibilities in the operation of specific equipment in a manner consistent with overall operational requirements. Will be required to maintain specific weights, shapes, color and piece counts, etc.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all safety issues with the assigned equipment and in particular must be aware of safety hazards, all guarding and emergency shut off locations and operation. Associate will be required to use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while operating the equipment. Will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Perform scheduled quality checks of product produced by equipment (temperature, appearance, graphics, seals, size etc.) ensuring that output falls within the guidelines of our Company guidelines.
- Properly communicate with all Associates in immediate work area to ensure that all operational, safety and quality standards are being met.
- May be required to coordinate the delivery of supplies and required material throughout the shift.
- Report any quality or operational issues to either Production Supervision or to the Machine Operator A, if assigned.
- Properly completing and submitting all required documentation regarding machine operation and product quality.
- Ensure that a proper transition occurs at shift changes; overtime may be required. Responsible for reporting any concerns or issue appropriately to the relieving operator.
- Aware of and perform all duties in compliance with existing Company policies and procedures. In addition, operator must have knowledge of USDA regulations and Company HACCP program as these apply to the specific area(s) that are assigned.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Education and/or Experience
- At least 3 months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Basic computer skills.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly required to stand. The Associate is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to taste or smell. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, also be able to push lugs up to 500 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The Associate is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This full-time position includes:
- A competitive wage with shift differential, potential overtime and annual review
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health benefits plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Annual bonus plan
- Attendance bonus plan
- Safety bonus plan