Manager - Production
The Manager - Production will provide effective direction for all aspects of plant production in a manner consistent with company objectives, and is directly responsible for superior product quality, achieving production targets/yields and control of waste and production-related expenses. Will be responsible for working with the Operations/Manager – Facility in developing an accurate facility operating budget including anticipating and recommending capital expenditures and operational improvements. This position is located in the Rosina Pasta/Entree facility in West Seneca, New York.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the Production Planning function to ensure that production schedules for the facility are set-up and organized to maximize the capability of the operation, maximizing inventory and customer requirements. Responsible for organizing and coordinating all aspects of production including (but not limited to) raw materials, manpower, packaging and support services.
- Continually works to maximize product yields and ensures that all products produced are at the highest quality level possible. Responsible for continual evaluation of the operation and will make suggestions for improvements to the Operations or Facility Manager
- Assists in the development of the annual operating budget for the facility. Approves all appropriate expenses within scope of authority.
- Develops an appropriate manpower plan for the facility. Develops plans to staff the facility using a complement of skills and schedules to focus on maximum efficiencies and are appropriate to the planned production levels. Coordinates manpower needs with Human Resources.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed through the facility. Will become actively involved in the safety & health effort. Will actively and continually champion safety as a key Company priority.
- Continually assesses the performance of the managerial staff of the facility. Recommends training and development activities that are appropriate for continuing staff development. Works actively with the supervisory staff to ensure that Company Associates are treated in a respectful manner. Ensure that any Associate actions necessary which involve discipline are timely, consistent and properly coordinated with Human Resources.
- Works closely with the Human Resources staff on an effective Associate communication program. Continually develops and maintains communication channels throughout all levels in the plant.
- Ensures that housekeeping and sanitation functions provide a level of support to meet the highest standards of cleanliness and regulatory compliance for the facility.
- Works closely with the Manager - Maintenance to coordinate services and projects for the production areas of the facility.
- Conducts meetings with staff to review programs and operations of the plant. Will confer with other members of facility management team to obtain and/or supply information of interest.
- See that Associates are kept fully informed of all pertinent Company policies and that such policies are adhered to.
- Appraise and evaluate the performance of the immediate staff.
- Recommend promotion, dismissal or change in status of immediate subordinates and of staff reporting to these subordinates.
- Confer with the Human Resources with respect to the development and operation of the Company safety program within areas of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires an Associate Degree in an appropriate major, Bachelor’s degree strongly desired. Must possess a minimum of 5 to 7 years of manufacturing management experience in a consumer foods products company. Strongly preferred is significant experience in the frozen food industry. Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate for the position. Individual needs to have strong computer skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to respond effectively to inquires or complaints. Ideally would have the ability to write and describe operations plans and programs. Needs to be able to conduct productive meetings and make effective presentations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.