Quality Assurance & Food Safety Systems Specialist
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Systems Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative and technical support for both the Food Safety and Quality Assurance functions of the Company. Will assist in the development and continued maintenance of the Corporate Quality and Food Safety Management System (QFSMS) program, systems and policies. Will be responsible for maintaining the Quality Assurance Policy & Procedure System. Generate monthly reports providing summaries and statistical information on the various conduct, trends and analysis. Will follow up on required corrective actions relative to all areas of the QFSMS programs. Individual will create policies and procedures to assure compliance with BRC. Perform other tasks assigned by the Sr. Manager – Quality Assurance & Food Safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Associate will develop a strong knowledge the Company’s Quality Systems and manufacturing capabilities. Will also develop a strong knowledge of the various components of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) that the company is pursuing. Will work closely with the Manager – Food Safety in using this knowledge in developing policies and procedures to ensure that the Company is in compliance with the requirements of GSFI/BRC.
- Will play a key role in the development and implementation in the Company’s Corporate Quality and Food Safety Management System. Will have direct responsibility for key program elements including document control, change control, quality records, internal audits etc.
- To actively participate in the Company’s internal audit program. Will be responsible for the execution and recordkeeping of the program. Will participate in the program as an auditor.
- Will be involved in Associate quality training. Will work with the Human Resources Department, the Manager – Food Safety and the Manager – Quality Assurance in both developing and administering training for a variety of quality and food safety programs.
- Responsible for developing and analyzing reporting for the department which will be used by the department and the Company to measure the effectiveness of the various quality programs in operation. Will be asked to make recommendations on the utility and effectiveness of the information being reported.
- Assisting with the management of supplier and co-packer quality and food safety supplied documentation.
- May be asked to research a particular area of concern and develop recommendations regarding a practice or program to address the subject.
- Will work with the Company’s Information Technology group on creating document management and other systems which may need to be developed related to responsibilities.
- To work closely with other departments within the company to provide guidance and/or support in developing policies and systems to support the BRC program. Will assist in ensuring that such policies continue to be relevant and are reviewed and audited.
- May be assigned to other tasks and assignments consistent with responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each requirement satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree required in Food Science, Quality Systems, Business or related field, seven to ten years related experience in a technical role and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess background in HACCP, GMP’s and quality principals. Experience in food manufacturing environment is desired. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and delegate instructions to people. Must be able to communicate clearly to different departments. Must understand and work with USDA, FDA, Organic and NYS regulations, including an understanding of food labeling laws. Previous experience with BRC, SQF or ISO systems is an advantage. Understanding internal auditing procedures will also be required.
Needs to possess the ability to respond effectively to most internal inquiries or requests for information regarding responsibilities. Will be required to professionally and effectively work with all Departments and Associates within the Company. Associate will be required to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must have the ability to re-write detailed technical documents in language that is readable and understandable.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The Associate is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
For this position, Rosina Foods Inc. offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Program
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan with Employer contribution