Machine Operators: 1st & 2nd Shifts - full-time with benefits
EXPERIENCE OPERATING PRODUCTION/MANUFACTURING MACHINES IS REQUIRED
The Machine Operator will operate specific food processing, packaging, portioning, conveying and cooking equipment within specified parameters. Operators will be required to run assigned equipment to obtain maximum productivity and quality. Typically assignments will be in a specific department and reporting will include an assigned production supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and handle all responsibilities in the operation of specific equipment in a manner consistent with overall operational requirements.
- Maintain specific weights, shapes, color and piece counts, etc.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all safety issues with the assigned equipment and in particular must be aware of safety hazards, all guarding and emergency shut off locations and operation.
- Use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while operating the equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform scheduled quality checks of product produced by equipment (temperature, appearance, graphics, seals, size etc.) ensuring that output falls within the guidelines of Company guidelines.
- Properly communicate with all Associates in immediate work area to ensure that all operational, safety and quality standards are being met.
- May be required to coordinate the delivery of supplies and required material throughout the shift.
- Reports any quality or operational issues to either Production Supervision or to the Machine Operator A, if assigned.
- Completion and timely submission of all required documentation regarding machine operation and product quality.
- Ensure that a proper transition occurs at shift changes; overtime may be required; reporting any concerns or issue appropriately to the relieving operator.
- Aware of and perform all duties in compliance with existing Company policies and procedures. In addition, operator must have knowledge of USDA regulations and Company Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program as these apply to the specific area(s) that are assigned.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Prior experience operating production/manufacturing machines is required; food production machines is preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Available overtime
- Comprehensive health benefits program
- Bonus opportunities
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plan