Associate - Production
Summary General Production Associate performs manual duties by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate will perform duties in multiple areas.
- Associate will perform duties assigned per work instructions and procedures.
- Associate has detail to quality of product, per specification of order.
- Labels and identifies products as instructed; sorts bundles or fills containers.
- Packs to established special arrangements or selections of product.
- Associate must be thoroughly familiar with all safety issues with the assigned equipment and in particular must be aware of safety hazards, all guarding and emergency shut off locations and operation. Associate will be required to use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while operating the equipment. Will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Must be aware of and perform all duties in compliance with existing Company policies and procedures, including GMP’s. In addition, Associate must have knowledge of USDA regulations and Company HACCP program as these apply to the specific area(s) that are assigned.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by conducting yourself with professionalism and communicating in a manner that gets along with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Overtime may be required due to workload.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Three months related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's,as well as the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Basic computer skills.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly required to stand. The Associate is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to taste or smell. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, also be able to push lugs up to 500 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The Associate is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.