Systems Engineer I
To provide on-going support and day to day maintenance of all information systems so that Rosina Food Products, Inc. may efficiently manage information required to serve customers and staff. To maintain all computer hardware, software and telecommunication systems which support operations, sales, finance, and administrative activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Perform troubleshooting and system maintenance on computers, computer peripherals, LAN, and telecommunication systems, and provide technical support for the staff to ensure smooth operation with minimal downtime.
- Serve as the point of contact for all computer and related equipment adds, moves, and changes.
- Perform telephone equipment adds, moves, and changes.
- Perform software installations, including testing and installing new software releases and updates.
- Perform backup and disaster recovery operations and maintain related logs.
Consultation / Training
- Work with other IT department staff to understand management and client requirements, adapting the information systems, or utilizing the existing capabilities of the system, to respond to those requirements.
- Assess the viability of existing information systems and recommend if they may need to be replaced or upgraded to assure business productivity.
- Communicate ideas and suggestions to staff and actively seek ways to help strengthen overall organizational performance.
- Assist in the creation of documentation for computer and telephone procedures.
- Provide training needed by staff that use computer systems so that they may get full benefit of the systems capabilities.
- Network Cable Installation
- Remote Access & Network Security Implementation
- Proxy Server Administration
- Router / Switch / Firewall Installation & Configuration
- IP Addressing and DNS Management
- Anti-Virus System Monitoring & Response
- Phone Line & Equipment Acquisition & Installation
- Phone System Backup Operations & DR Execution
- Call Routing / Automated Attendant Configuration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
Position requires Associates Degree in Information Technology and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related role. Individual needs to have the following minimum level of technical experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems and Office software.
- Knowledge of PC’s, computer peripherals, TCP/IP network fundamentals, and Microsoft software such as MS Windows Server 2008, MS Windows 7, and the MS Office Suite
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco VOIP phone switches and routers
- Citrix XenServer expertise
- WatchGuard firewall configuration and support
- Understanding of Linux.
- MCSE, CCNA certifications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, to both technical and non-technical staff.
College Diploma in a relevant field preferred
Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems and Office software
Knowledge of PC’s, computer peripherals, TCP/IP network fundamentals, and Microsoft Windows operating systems and Office software
Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus
Core Competency Requirements
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, mentoring, coaching, and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook Skilled in a computerized work environment utilizing Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
Preferred Competency Requirements
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Team player with good interpersonal skills
Good understanding of Networking including Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, Latency, VoIP, QoS
Needs to possess the ability to respond effectively to most internal inquiries or requests for information regarding responsibilities. Will be required to be professional and work effectively with all departments and Associates within the Company. Will be required to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.