Maintenance Control Systems Specialist
Individual will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our industrial network and communication systems working closely with the information systems department, as necessary. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining and updating the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS) along with providing the necessary training to the departments that use this system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining RFP’s CMMS software.
- Provides custom CMMS reports for management as needed.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the CMMS software provider, staying up to date with the latest upgrades and changes.
- Provide necessary training on the usage of the CMMS and other items related to the usage of that software with the departments that use the software.
- In conjunction with the Information System department will design and maintain RFP’s industrial network.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the plants internal messaging systems and SCADA software.
- Responsible for staying up to date on the latest technology regarding industrial networking trends, software, and hardware.
- Advises department management on the type of data available and how best to acquire and store that data for current and new equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining backups for all plant PLCs, HMI and VFD (programs and parameters). Replacement of back up batteries.
- May be required to assist plant maintenance personal in trouble shooting control systems.
- May be required to make PLC program changes.
- May be required to work with equipment manufactures in specifying the proper network communication hardware to work within our network.
- May be required to work off shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to assist the Manager of Safety and Health on various safety programs.
- Understands PLC, HMI, VFD’s, Servo, Sensors, Instrumentation & industrial control systems.
- Possesses an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level, and composition, along with an understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree required in Technology or related field, Three to five years related experience in a similar role and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess background in maintenance systems and planning supporting a manufacturing environment. Experience in food manufacturing environment is desired. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and communicate both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate clearly to different departments. Needs to possess or develop knowledge and understanding of food labeling laws. Knowledge of Allen-Bradley/ Rockwell Automation preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, blueprints, and mechanical drawings. Ability to respond effectively to inquires or complaints. Ideally would have the ability to write and describe operations plans and programs. Needs to be able to conduct productive meetings and make effective presentations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.