Individual will be responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of all production machinery and related support equipment in support of our manufacturing operations. Will work closely with the Manager – Facility to ensure that all maintenance needs are being met. Will be responsible for working with the Manager – Maintenance in developing an accurate facility operating budget including anticipating and recommending capital expenditures and operational improvements. Responsible for the effective management of the Maintenance Associate’s ensuring that their needs are being met and all Company policies and procedures are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring that all production and support equipment operates appropriately in support of the manufacturing activities at the assigned facility. Analyzes mechanical and operational problems and then makes plans for corrective action to maximize production quality and safety.
- Will work very actively with the management staff of the facility focusing on ensuring that the Maintenance Department actively supports the production, quality, safety and services priorities of the facility. Will be a very active member of the Facility Management Team.
- Will be actively involved in the evaluation of new and replacement production and support equipment for the facility.
- Assists in the identification of parts inventory, minimum ordering quantities of spare parts; reviews parts ordered to ensure that pricing and delivery requirements are achieved. Will make recommendations on changes to procedures to the responsible Supply Chain Associates.
- Will have an active involvement in managing the MicroMain System. Reviews and oversee the preventative maintenance program, policies and procedures. Will make recommendations on enhancing the system to better serve the needs of the Company.
- Develops an appropriate manpower plan for the facility. Develops plans to staff the facility using a complement of skills and schedules to focus on maximum efficiencies and are appropriate to the planned operational levels. Coordinates manpower needs with Human Resources.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed throughout the facility. Will become actively involved in the safety & health effort. Will actively and continually champion safety as a key Company priority. Will work closely with the Manager – Human Resources & Safety on the facility safety committee,
- Continually assesses the performance of the maintenance staff of the facility. Recommends training and development activities that are appropriate for continuing staff development. Works actively to ensure that Company Associates are treated in a respectful manner. Ensure that any Associate actions which involve discipline are timely, documented, consistent and properly coordinated with Human Resources.
- Works closely with the Human Resources staff on an effective Associate communication program. Continually develops and maintains communication channels throughout all levels in the plan.
- Conducts meetings with staff to review programs and operations of the plant and department. Will confer with other members of facility management team to obtain and/or supply information of interest.
- See that Associates are kept fully informed of all pertinent Company policies and that such policies are adhered to.
- Appraise and evaluate the performance of the immediate staff. Will recommend training and skill development as appropriate.
- Recommend promotion, dismissal or change in status of immediate subordinates and of staff reporting to these subordinates.
- Will be working off shifts including weekends and holidays between both the Protein facility and the Pasta/Entrée facility.
Confer with the Human Resources with respect to the development and operation of the Company safety program within areas of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree required in Technology or related field, Three to five years related experience in a similar role and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strongly preferred is significant experience in the frozen food industry. Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate for the position. Individual needs to have strong computer skills.
Maintenance Supervisor must be familiar with ammonia systems and Process Safety Management. Should be proficient in all aspects of industrial maintenance and be familiar with OSHA General Industry Standards.