Sanitation Supervisor-3rd Shift (11:00 pm- 7:30 am)
Individual will provide effective direction for all aspects of plant sanitation in a manner consistent with company objectives. Is directly responsible for superior level of cleaning of equipment and work areas, inspecting premises for unsanitary practices and conditions and complying with all federal and state sanitation laws and Company plant/Quality Assurance standards. Will be responsible for working with Management in establishing schedules for the Associates. Will be responsible for motivating, training, developing and handling any issues regarding failure of the Associates to comply with Company policies. Will confer with the Manager - Human Resources on Associate issues, as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of sanitation for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Directs all Sanitation Associates on proper sanitary procedures.
- Inspects the cleaning of equipment for conformity to Company sanitation standards. Will continually monitor activities and make improvements in activities to improve efficiency, effectiveness and safety.
- Coordinates activity with other departments and staff to be sure that sanitation requirements are being met to provide for timely production startups.
- Will interview and evaluate candidates for hire to determine suitability for the work required. Will also evaluate internal candidates who are interested in transfer opportunities.
- Appropriately directs Associates in order to complete assignments in an orderly fashion. Ensures that Associates are assigned tasks and responsibilities appropriate to their classification.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate working relationship which ensures that all Associates are treated with respect and consideration. Works pro-actively to maintain a positive work environment with the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for administering discipline in regard to violation of Company rules and policies. Will consult with Human Resources to ensure that any necessary discipline is appropriate and consistent with past practice.
- Continually will monitor work area for safety concerns and immediately responds to unsafe conditions or work practices, including required personal protective equipment Will stay abreast of all Hazardous Communication policies and ensure that all Associates are fully trained and are in compliance with procedures. . Pro-actively promotes safety and encourages Associates to do the same.
- Provides an environment where Associates are challenged and are given an opportunity to increase skills. Will provide continual training and development opportunities for Associates.
- Coordinates any maintenance activities necessary to address needs with the area of responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all regulatory requirements. Will immediately bring any quality concerns to the attention of the responsible individual.
- Will be required to report on activities as required. This relates to Associate productivity, manpower utilization, and departmental efficiency.
- Will be responsible for various timekeeping responsibilities including establishing schedules on the timekeeping system, approval of working hours, (including overtime), approving requested time-off, etc.
- Responsible for assuring BRC and food safety standards are followed and monitored on the floor at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma; Associates Degree preferred. Must possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of sanitation management experience in a consumer foods products company. Need to have good knowledge of employment laws and regulations. Needs to have safety experience including general knowledge of OSHA. Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate for the position. Individual needs to have strong computer skills.