Human Resources Generalist
To perform a wide range of professional and administrative duties to support various Human Resource activities and initiatives for the Company. Responsible for activities dealing with Associates involving policy interpretation, benefit issues and other inquiries. Will play a key role in coordinating a variety of recruiting/staffing and staffing support activities for the department. Will support all activities by initiating and maintaining all necessary documentation. In addition, this position works closely with our other Human Resource Associates to coordinate information and administration of benefit claims including Workers Compensation. Will be involved in a variety of other responsibilities which support the various operations of the Company. Will coordinate efforts actively with other department managers across the company. Position requires a high level of confidentially and discretion regarding both Associate and Company matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
1. Will develop a strong knowledge of the Company Human Resource policies, procedures, operations and systems. Will utilize this knowledge in managing and administering the on-going responsibilities of the position. Will ensure that all activities complement and support the effective operations of both the department and the Company.
2. Possesses a good working knowledge of all applicable Federal and State labor and safety regulations. Will direct questions and concerns to Human Resource Management.
3. Conducts benefit enrollments and information meetings with Associates as required. Will conduct new hire orientations, following up with Associates experiencing qualifying events and participating in our annual open enrollment activities.
4. To coordinate temporary staffing activities for the assigned facility. Will participate in Temporary Associate orientation activities as required.
5. Will actively participate in a variety of recruiting and retention activities on behalf of both the Company and department. Will be able to describe opportunities available and evaluate and recommend candidates for specific positions as necessary. Will be asked to continually make recommendations to enhance the retention of Company Associates. Will offer proactively recruiting assistance. Will focus on a variety of proactive Associate retention activities, including follow up with new Associates on a weekly basis during their ninety (90) day introductory period to make sure that they are adjusting to the job.
6. Responsible for taking an active role in various Human Resource or other company activities. This includes but not limited to Associate Appreciation events, Corporate Challenge, service award program, etc.
7. Will assist in Human Resources policy and procedure development. Will participate in actives to ensure that the Company’s Associate Handbook and other documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
8. Needs to be very familiar with all systems which support the department’s activities. This includes the time & attendance system, payroll and HRMIS system and any other reporting systems that support the department’s activities. In addition, will be responsible for maintaining attendance records (and other systems) and records, as required
9. Will develop an active relationship with all departments, including making sure that you are visible and approachable, and making sure that the level of service provided is exceptional especially with manufacturing, warehousing, quality and maintenance, Associates and management. Needs to be generally familiar with all manufacturing, warehousing and maintenance operations.
10. Responsible for all Human Resources recordkeeping and reporting, consistent with responsibilities. Will continually evaluate systems and procedures making recommendations as appropriate to enhance the level of service for those areas responsible.
11. Will be responsible to creating accurate and timely documentation and other records regarding incidents or other Associate matters.
12. Maintains accurate, organized and complete general and Human Resource files. Will be responsible for keeping Associate information accurate and up-to-date. This includes an up-to-date record of current documentation including contact information.
13. Will be required to actively participate in Department staff meetings and will be asked to continually assess activities and possible needs. Will be encouraged to make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the department and services to the Associates.
14. Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situation in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure.
15. Must be able to build and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally; ability to make sound judgement and make decisions in a manner consistent with the role.
16. May be assigned other responsibility and duties as required by the Sr. Manager – Human Resources.