Accounts Payable Clerk
This position will be responsible for verifying expense report reimbursement, the receipts agree to expense reports and enter expenses to proper G/L account code. Check that all expense reports are signed approved by appropriate manager. Enter and properly code invoices into our system and verifying information is correct before check is printed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for verifying internal expense report reimbursement.
- File approved invoices in open payable until paid.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Scan A/P checks into the document imaging system.
- Responsible for working with vendors to resolve issues that may occur with invoicing.
- Responsible for following up with department managers or supervisors on a timely basis with any open issues related to invoices.
- Assist with month-end closing process.
- Assist with special projects as needed by the Senior Accountant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or other appropriate major and needs to possess a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in a role requiring similar responsibilities. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable. Individual needs strong analytical, organizational and communication skills that is appropriate for the position. Individual must have strong Excel and Word skills and be familiar with automated accounting systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.