Director - National Account Sales
Will be responsible for the development of new business and increasing existing sales to accounts who represent significant volume and typically involve large-scale distribution. This individual will perform a wide range of duties related to directly support this activity. This Individual will be actively involved with the internal Sales support teams (i.e. Project Request team, Business Development Team, etc.). The individual will be involved in the planning, directing, and implementing various programs consistent with Company and the Division’s strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as appropriate.
1. Will work actively with the Vice President – Business Development on the targeting, development, formulation and execution of a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy focusing on the top 500 National chains, significant Regional chains or Emerging chains that are identified at a minimum pounds volume for the Company’s national account strategy.
2. Will be very familiar with the Company’s products and manufacturing capability. Will utilize this knowledge to identify and solicit prospective customers whose needs are consistent with Rosina’s capabilities and strategies.
3. Will be responsible for prospecting, identifying, and developing relationships with key national account personnel. This would include coordinating visits to the corporate offices for capabilities presentations, tours, and various discussions.
4. For prospective new accounts will ensure that all appropriate information regarding prospective new business is submitted and properly approved. This will be particularly critical if customer requirements involve development work by the Research & Development Team.
5. Work actively with the Customer Engagement Team to ensure that internal company functions are given the highest level of customer service to national accounts.
6. Responsible for working actively with the Research & Development Team to develop or modify products or application that are required by customers (or potential customers). May coordinate direct involvement of Rosina’s Research & Development Team with the appropriate individuals in the customer’s organization.
7. Work closely with the Vice President – Business Development and Senior Corporate Management to ensure that customer/business RFP and RFI proposals are fully developed regarding costing and that margin requirements are satisfied. In addition, will work with the Finance Department regarding credit applications and to ensure that all other Company requirements for new customers are satisfactory completed.
8. Will actively participate in trade shows and industry organizations to display Company capabilities and to identify and develop contacts.
9. Responsible for developing a strong knowledge of industry trends, competitive practices while gaining knowledge regarding commodity markets and trends. Will continually make recommendations regarding appropriate responses to market conditions or competitive practices or programs.
10. To work actively with the Company’s Supply Chain Group on production planning, distribution, and delivery. This would include any special handling or requirements our customer may require.
11. Will respond quickly and appropriately to customer concerns regarding service, quality
or performance. Will communicate and coordinate with appropriate Company Associates to ensure a satisfactory response.
12. Maintains active communication with Manager by way of activity reports and expense reports. Will be responsible for updating sales forecasts as required.
13. Assist with the development of new products, menu ideas, marketing ideas and collateral for customer product application working closely with the Culinary Team.
14. Other duties may be assigned as necessary to successfully achieve Company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ideally, incumbent will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of seven to ten-years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual must have the skills and ability to appropriately represent the company to large and complex customers. The individual must have strong communication, organizational and computer skills. Associates must possess a strong knowledge of the Company’s capabilities and the foodservice marketplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position will require travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand. The Associate is occasionally required to walk and reach. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THIS POSITION MAY BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US (MUST BE NEAR MAJOR AIRPORT)