Quality Assurance Supervisor
Rosina Food Products, Inc.
We are currently looking for both a 1st shift (days) and 2nd shift (afternoons)
Job Title: Supervisor – Quality Assurance
Department: Technical Services
Reports To: Manager – Quality Assurance
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Code: 3 – Technicians
Grade Level: 6
Prepared By: Technical Services/Corporate Human Resources
Prepared Date: August 2019
Approved By: Sr. Manager-Quality & Food Safety
Approved Date: August 21, 2019
Reporting to the Manager – Quality Assurance will supervise and direct a variety of daily quality control and food safety activities in the facility. This will include supervision of inspection and quality assurance personnel to ensure continuous production of quality products that are consistent and food safe with established standards by performing duties personally or through subordinate Quality Assurance line inspectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Maintains daily quality control objectives that are consistent with corporate policies, standards and goals through direct observation and interaction with QA and Operational management. This will include the review of the daily QA line inspector’s paperwork and other data. Review daily production or other production food safety issues.
2. Implements inspection criteria and procedures under the overall direction of the Manager – Quality Assurance. Will immediately report any variation of Policy and/or Procedure to the appropriate individual in the organization utilizing the chain of command.
3. Implements Company quality control procedures with appropriate personnel in the organization utilizing company procedures, policies and work instructions. Must be able to understand and work with the companies data systems on the computer.
4. Coordinates quality objectives with the Quality manager in cooperation with other departmental management to maximize product reliability and safety while working to be more consistent & efficient. Also conducts weekly meetings with the QA Inspector team to ensure any issues, revisions or trainings are required.
5. Teaches, trains, coach’s and develops inspectors and associates engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, processes, and finished products.
6. Responsible for the effective supervision of all QA Inspectors assigned. This includes but not limited to assigning activities and continual follow-up, conducting periodic appraisals of performance, recommending training and development and communication of department objectives and activities. Will also approve expenses, overtime and PTO requests. Works directly with the QA manager to conduct inspector counseling directly related to QA tasks and performance. This will also include any disciplinary actions that may be necessary.
7. Works with the Manager – Quality Assurance in the design and implementation of quality control training programs to include the understanding of HACCP. Coordinates that activity in conjunction with responsible associates and managers. Understand and supports the BRC, GMP & food safety environment. Ensures the QA inspection team is conducting their tasks pertaining to Micro swabbing correctly. I.E. GF, ATP and Allergen.
8. Will be assigned to investigate and report customer complaints regarding quality. Will be required to report and provide recommendations as appropriate through reviewing and analyzing bundle data from the specific production run and lot numbers as it relates to customer complaints.
9. Will work in a collaborative effort with the QA Department to create Quality Department information and records required by the Company or regulatory authorities. IE QM’s, QMW’s WI’s completion of QMR’s to include training records.
10. Will respond to request by on site regulatory personnel as appropriate. Will work with the USDA, FDA, Ag & Markets and various auditing bodies as requested.
11. May be asked to perform other duties as directed by the Manager - Quality Assurance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate degree required in food science, business or related field, seven to ten years related experience in a technical role and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess background in HACCP, GMP’s and quality principals. Experience in food manufacturing environment is desired. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and delegate instructions to people. Must be able to communicate clearly to different departments. Must understand and work with USDA, FDA, Organic and NYS regulations, including an understanding of food labeling laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The Associate is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision