Will actively participate and perform functions on behalf of the company to insure that the Associates, property, and operations of the company are protected. Will additionally be involved in multiple duties relating to supervising access to and from the company facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Will control access to company facilities and operations within the guidelines established for each facility or operation. This will include creating and logging visitors, vendors, contractors and responsible for escorting terminated Associates as required.
- Responsible for logging vehicle traffic both entering and exiting company operations. May be responsible for recording other various information regarding company vehicles, i.e. parking permits, drivers, company vehicle mileage.
- Will be responsible for handling phone calls (after normal business hours) to the facility. May be responsible for logging calls and properly handling inquiries directing them to the proper individuals or department.
- Must be familiar with the operations and layout of the facility assigned to. This includes but is not limited to, entrances and exits, location of fire and emergency equipment, chemical storage areas and mechanical systems.
- Make patrol rounds at appropriate intervals ensuring that the facility is secure and in proper condition from both a security and safety standpoint.
- May be required to check trucks and/or trailers which may be on site. Such checks would involve checking to ensure that equipment is in operating order and that if product is contained in a refrigerated unit that the proper temperature is maintained.
- Familiar with company emergency procedures, in an emergency able to respond in a timely manner and contact appropriate personnel. As required, initiates calls to emergency fire, medical, and law enforcement agencies. Notify appropriate agency and direct pedestrian and vehicle traffic, ensure aisles, roadways and fire lanes are clear.
- Will maintain records of Associates in each department and shift for evacuation purposes.
- Manning and observing video surveillance cameras, located throughout the facility and outside perimeter. Assist operations in observing activity within the facility making appropriate notations and reports.
- Will be responsible for checking to make sure truck/trailer deliveries are at the appropriate site and that the seals from that particular truck/trailer match up properly to the incoming drivers paperwork. This will include logging all the correct information into the MMS system log we use, i.e. drivers name, onsite and offsite times, seal numbers.
- May be responsible for opening and/or closing down the plant as needed. This will include becoming familiar with the company’s alarm systems and key/keypad procedures.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months to 1 year experience and New York State Certified.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. Basic computer skills.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and distance vision. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.