Will be responsible for providing food technology, regulatory compliance and project management responsibilities necessary to support new and existing business opportunities for all sales divisions and customers of the company. This individual will perform a wide range of duties related to directly support these activities including active hands-on involvement with the R&D Culinary team in the formulation of new or enhanced products for current or new customers of the Company. Will also participate in product ideation and troubleshooting activities as required. Will actively engage with the other departments of the company as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Will be very familiar with the Company’s products and manufacturing capability. Will utilize this knowledge to support sales and other business development activities. To actively participate in the product development process focused on meeting customer needs and specifications.
- Responsible for working actively with the R&D Culinary Team to modify or develop unique products or applications that are required by customers (or potential customers). May participate as a member of the company’s Business Development Resources (BDR) Team as part of the commercialization process.
- Provides technical expertise to support various company sales teams. Functions as liaison between R&D, the business team and the customer.
- Will be required to develop detail knowledge of the company’s regulatory requirements at both the Federal and State level. This also includes the requirements regarding our SQF/BRC certifications, USDA/FDA labeling regulations and development of product specifications. Will be required to perform these responsibilities in the absence of our Coordinator – Regulatory Affairs.
- Acquires a deep knowledge of product offerings and production capabilities including recipes and ingredients. Will use this knowledge to improve product quality, performance or to modify product for a particular application. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Working as an active team member with the product development staff will be responsible for the creation and updating of product specifications, product labeling information, product production and QA standards and customer regulatory compliance portals.
- Will be involved with demonstrations/company capabilities to showcase the various capabilities and offerings available with Rosina as well as the analysis and documentation of competitive products in the marketplace.
- Will actively participate in customer presentations, trade shows and industry events to present and demonstrate Company capabilities and to identify and develop contacts.
- Working closely with Sales, Marketing and the R&D staff may take a lead role in the development of product prototypes from ideation through complete production scale-up. Will work closely with the Operation staff ensuring that new products are appropriately introduced into the plant production system.
- Will be required to generate reports and other internal communication regarding responsibilities. May also be required to present at company/customer meetings as may be required.
- May be assigned other related activities as required by the Manager – Product Development, Director – Research & Development, Sr. Vice President – Business Development or the Executive Committee.
- Will work with the Supply Chain and Procurement staff to develop raw material specifications and identify initial raw material sourcing for new products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual needs strong analytical, organizational and communication skills that are appropriate for the position. Individual must have strong Excel and Word skills and be very familiar with electronic food safety, production and QA data management systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Culinology or another appropriate major. Position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Must possess the ability to respond effectively to all internal and external inquiries or requests for information regarding responsibilities. Will be required to be professional and effectively work with a wide variety of outside contacts, customers, officials and all Company departments and Associates. Required to articulate and report to various groups on activities. Will be required to continually communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk to hear. The individual is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to stand, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Excellent sensory skills are required to evaluate products and ingredients. The work environment is indoor, climate controlled. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Individual shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Company.
The individual must maintain confidentiality of all information related to the Company and Associates that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes financial and human resources information.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Company and the Associate and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.